Monday, June 5, 2017
Today’s flowers feature hosta blooms in front of the Boulevard Florist on Elms Boulevard in Excelsior Springs. Thanks to owner Juree Short for planting them for us to enjoy!
There are a number of different projects that I’m currently working on here in Excelsior Springs. Aside from my role as the Educational Foundation Director, I’m also giving my time to The Good Samaritan Center of Excelsior Springs and the City, where there are never short of opportunities for getting involved.
Here are some of the current projects that I will be focusing my time on this week:
– Annual communications plan for the educational foundation
– Researching grant opportunities for both the educational foundation and Good Samaritan Center
– Meeting with the new principals for the elementary school my daughter goes to. Serving as the Vice-President for the Parent/Teacher organization and ready to plan out the new year!
– Completing a grant opportunity through the Department of Agriculture for a parking lot replacement needed at the Good Samaritan Center
– Working with a committee to conduct a Project Homeless Connect event in Excelsior Springs on October 27, 2017
– Getting ready for the Solar Eclipse Festival on August 20-21 in downtown Excelsior
– Helping my husband, S. Jason Cole, develop a business plan for his many talents
Today was the day that it looked as though it could rain most of the day, but never actually produced any precipitation. This morning there was a gorgeous sky that looked like this:
Mid-morning, I joined some of the staff at The Elms Hotel & Spa for a marketing meeting. It is our hope that by working together and partnering on different events, we can provide a great stay for any of our visitors to town. There are so many great things happening in our business community that we have to offer. Communication is key to making it work for everyone.
There are 40 new teachers to our Excelsior Springs School District this year! The past two weeks they have spent in orientation and meetings, preparing them for the school year that starts next week. Today they had a scavenger hunt in the downtown, starting at the Chamber office where we sent them off with bags to fill with downtown goodies.
After this, I went with my husband to Price Chopper for lunch. They have a new grill and are in the final stages of their renovations of the dining area. I encourage everyone to drop by there for lunch, especially if you can catch a day when they’re having a fruit cobbler. Delish!
By evening, the clouds were starting to roll through quicker and a nice, cool breeze began to blow. The sky looked ominous, but never produced anything to live up to its mean face.