The Good Samaritan Center will be hosting the fourth Community Connection event on Friday, April 17, 2020 from 10:00am-2:00pm in the Great Hall of the Good Samaritan Center. This event began when the community received a grant of $10,000 through the Missouri Housing Development Commission to develop a one-day event aimed to providing direct services to the homeless and those who are at risk of becoming homeless in the Excelsior Springs area.
Open to the public, multiple organizations plan to be present on April 17th to offer support to those in need. This event will have a special emphasis offering services for those who are battling addictions of all kinds. Agencies already committed to the event include:
- Celebrate Recovery
- Clay County Health Department – Hepatitis A vaccines
- Excelsior Springs Hospital – opiate program
- Good Samaritan Center – help for those needing emergency assistance, utilities, housing, and personal care needs
- Jirah’s Hair Salon – providing free haircuts
- Northland Healthcare Access – providing medical needs of those who are uninsured
- Excelsior Springs SAFE – substance abuse youth coalition
- Freedom from Addiction
- Preferred Family
- Research Medical Center
- Tri-County Mental Health
With the event being held at the Good Samaritan Center, citizens will have access to the thrift store if they are in need of clothing. Participants will also be given access to the food pantry and the hygiene closet.
The Excelsior Springs Hospital has provided for a meal to be offered to those who are hungry. The hospital has donated this meal each time there has been a community connection event.
To volunteer or for more information on this event, please contact Jen Chappel at 816-630-2718 or Courtney Cole at 816-517-8196. Click here to visit the Facebook event page.
Other blogs you might enjoy: